Office 365 Ignite Workshop
Learn how to configure, manage, deploy, and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Introduce yourself to the next generation of cloud-based computing: Microsoft Office 365. In this action-packed workshop for IT professionals whose organizations need to stay at the forefront of the cloud, you'll learn how Microsoft Office 365 can empower users and assigned administrators to manage every aspect of their organization from a single, easy-to-use portal.
Through both lecture and hands-on labs (conducted on Office 365 Public Beta), you will learn how to use familiar, online tools, such as SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Lync Online, to provide users with an easy-to-use collaborative platform. You will cover onboarding as well as deployment, management, and migration, and you will address security and compliance issues.
What You'll Learn
- What's new in Microsoft Office 365
- How to configure, manage, deploy, and troubleshoot the Office 365 platform Using Active Directory Federation Services and Directory Synchronization to migrate your current infrastructure
- Deploying clients for Office 365 Administration and automation using Windows PowerShell Identity and access solutions
- Security and compliance
- Administration, simple migration options, and hybrid deployment of Exchange Online
- Capabilities and conferencing features of Lync Online
- Administration, extensibility, and customization of SharePoint Online Transitioning from BPOS to Office 365
Who Needs to Attend
Early adopters who want to gain the essential skills required to configure, manage, deploy, and troubleshoot the Office 365 platform.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Microsoft Office 365
- What's New
- Deploying Clients for Office 365
- Administration and Automation Using Windows PowerShell
- Identity and Access Solutions
- Directory Synchronization
- Security and Compliance
2. Exchange Online
- What's New
- Simple Migration Options
- Hybrid Deployment with Exchange Server
3. Lync Online
- Lync Online Conference Deep Dive
4. SharePoint Online
- What's New
- Extensibility and Customization
5. Office 365 Deployment
- BPOS to Office 365 Transition
Lab 0: Getting on Board with Office 365 Beta
Lab 1: Standard Identity: Installing and Configuring Active Directory Federated Services
Lab 2: Federated Identity: Adding and Verifying Federated Domains
Lab 3: Installing and Configuring Active Directory Synchronization
Lab 4: Reviewing Staged Exchange Migration
Lab 5: Configuring Exchange Online Hybrid Deployment
Lab 6: Creating and Deploying a SharePoint Online Sandbox Solution
Lab 7: Applying a Custom Branding Solution to a Microsoft SharePoint Online Team Site
Lab 8: Exploring SharePoint Online End User and Administrator Tasks
Note: You will use Office 365 Public Beta in labs.