HDI® Support Center Team Lead
Hone the essential leadership skills required to enhance team performance.
The Support Center Team Lead serves as the communication link between the team and the manager and is the first point of internal escalation for the customer.
HDI Support Center Team Lead training ensures that you learn how to deliver exceptional customer support, promote process improvement, coach for success, and take charge of the day-to-day operational activities of a team. This course is designed for support professionals who need to develop fundamental management and leadership skills.
This course is designed to assist you in preparing for the HDI Support Center Team Lead (HDI-SCTL) certification exam. Instructors reinforce core concepts of the certification standard and provide skills-building opportunities. The certification exam is included with your purchase, and you must take the exam within 12 weeks of course completion.
This virtual classroom course combines the advantages of self-paced, online training with live, instructor-led training delivered by our expert instructors. You will complete the assigned units of self-paced, online training prior to each of the three, two-hour sessions of instructor-led, virtual classroom sessions.
- Complete the course in three weeks using flexible, structured learning.
- Live instructor shares real-world experiences, examples, and facilitates student interaction.
- Eliminate travel costs and time away from the support center.
What You'll Learn
- Essential team lead management and leadership skills
- The importance of service level agreements and operational level agreements
- The ITIL processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration management
- An overview of security management and knowledge management
- Strategies for managing conflict
- The essentials of people management: hiring, scheduling, evaluating, and retaining employees
- An eight-step method for effective coaching
- Proven team building and motivational techniques
- Essential performance metrics and key performance indicators
Who Needs to Attend
- Technical support professionals who must understand support center processes and best practices and master important daily functions, such as quality assurance monitoring, coaching, and escalation management
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Support Center Team Lead certification
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
1. Support Center Overview
- The Evolution of the Support Center
- Role of Desktop Support Technician
- Support Center's Role in the Business
2. Strategic Framework
- Strategic Perspective
- Service Level Agreements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignment
3. Service Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Delivery Methods
- Telephony Systems
- Service Management Systems
4. Support Center Processes and Operations
- IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Support
- Security Management
- Knowledge Management
- Quality Assurance
5. Customer Management Skills
- Total Contact Ownership
- Procedures for Call Handling
- Procedures for On-site Visits
6. Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Body Language
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
7. Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-Solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Customer Service Skills
- Root Cause Analysis
8. Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer's Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- Power of a Service Attitude
- Managing Your Use of Time