SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence (M50429)
Discover how to build a business intelligence (BI) environment using the Microsoft BI Stack.
For a Limited Time, Get a Free Microsoft Exam Voucher
Take the next step in your Microsoft career by validating your skills with an official Microsoft certification. Purchase a Microsoft course from Global Knowledge before the end of the year, and you'll get a free Microsoft exam voucher!
In this course, you will learn how to build a BI environment from scratch to full interactive dashboards using the Microsoft BI stack. You will learn to implement BI strategies using SharePoint Business Intelligence Center, Excel Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Service, Performance Point, and PowerPivot.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 50429: Sharepoint 2010 Business Intelligence.
Global Knowledge Exclusive!
Continue developing your skills after class with 24/7 access to our live remote labs for six months, providing you with valuable extra time for hands-on practice.
Our Microsoft Training Exclusives*
- Six months of anytime access to your course labs and lab environment
- Six months of 24/7 access to mentoring via chat, email, and phone
- Six months of on-demand access to indexed, searchable recordings of your Virtual Classroom or Virtual Classroom Fit class
- Six months of unlimited retakes of your class
* Terms and conditions may apply
Did You Know?
This class is available in our Virtual Classroom -- live online training that combines premium skills development technologies and expert instructors, content, and exercises to ensure superior training, regardless of your location.
What You'll Learn
- Business Intelligence Center
- Data formats, building data marts and data warehouses, and ETL process
- Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and filtering Web Parts
- Excel Services, PowerPivot, Reporting Services, Performance Point, Visio, and Access Services
Who Needs to Attend
Senior BI architects and consultants, senior business analysts, and those responsible for implementing BI with SharePoint
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 user interface
- Understanding of database reporting concepts
- Familiarity with data marts and data warehouses
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Business Intelligence
- What P=R-C means to BI
- Accept that empowering end users is a good thing
- BI will only be as good as your data, tools, and processes
2. Business Intelligence Center
- SharePoint Business Intelligence Center
- Dashboard Designer
3. Data Mart and Data Warehouses
- Data and data formats
- Building data marts and data warehouses
4. Business Connectivity Services
5. Analysis Services
6. Filter Web Parts
7. Excel Services
8. PowerPivot for SharePoint and Excel
9. Reporting Services and Reports
10. Performance Point
11. Visio and Access Services
12. GeoSpatial Data with SQL Server
- Charts and maps
- GeoSpatial data
Lab 1: Business Intelligence Worksheet
Lab 2: Business Intelligence Center
- Explore Business Intelligence Center
- Explore Dashboard Designer