ITIL® PoleStar Simulation
Simulate the ITIL Service Management Lifecycle with an interactive gaming experience.
Accelerate understanding and acceptance of ITIL Service Management concepts by participating in a high-impact, interactive PoleStar simulation. In this one-day power session, you'll use gaming dynamics to mirror the real-world interaction between IT and the business, from both a strategic and operational perspective. You will directly relate to, and often have experience in, the realistic, exhilarating scenarios presented as you progress through five levels of the game.
The simulation structure is designed to reflect the entire Service Management Lifecycle as defined by ITIL, and it also allows participation in Service Transition phases and Continual Service Improvements.
What You'll Learn
This simulation brings to life the Service Management and process issues faced by organizations, and then encourages the formation of a strategic partnership between IT and the business. You'll progress through different levels that reflect the ITIL Service Management Lifecycle, increasing in operational maturity each time.
Between rounds you will pass through defined Service Transition phases where you plan for strategic and operational Continuous Service Improvements. By the end of day, you will have a much better understanding of how ITIL works in an organization and the benefits its implementation can bring.
Who Needs to Attend
Those who want to understand and benefit from implementing ITIL in their organization
No prerequisites are required for this simulation course.
- Working in silos (IT and the Business)
- Communication issues and chaos
- Introducing the Service Desk and Incident Management
- Refining and improving Incident Management
- Introducing Problem Management, Knowledge Management, and Trend Analysis
- Introducing Availability and Capacity Management
- Introducing Configuration Management, Change Management, and Service Level Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Maturing the Service Desk and Incident Management
- Maturing Problem Management and Knowledge base
- The importance of Change and Release Management
- Service Continuity Management and Event Management
- Supplier Management and Information Security Management
- Introducing Financial Management
- Maturing Configuration Management
- Demonstrate importance of processes and their relationships
- Review how ITSM maturity has evolved and the benefits to the business