Visualize, Prioritize, and Secure Your Network (6706)
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Do you know what is on your network? Do you know how to improve the performance of selected traffic on your network? Do you know how to secure your network? This course is designed to introduce the topics of network management, Quality of Service, and security. You will get an overview of topics such as the Simple Network Management Protocol, IPFix, Quality of Service, Differentiated Services, Multiprotocol Label Switching, authentication protocols, encryption protocols, RADIUS, and Extensible Authentication Protocol.
Labs using the Ethernet Routing Switch 5500 reinforce the concepts presented in the course.
What You'll Learn
- How network visualization, prioritization, and security are interconnected
- The importance of network visualization
- Tools used to map a network, identify network bottlenecks, identify traffic patterns, and capture network traffic
- The importance of prioritizing network traffic
- How to implement Quality of Service at the data link and network layers
- How common security threats are exploited to compromise networks and how these security breaches affect companies financially
- The need for a layered defense
- The tools used in network security including authentication protocols, encryption protocols, integrity checks, and non-repudiation
- The processes available to secure the network infrastructure from attack
- The processes available to secure the network hosts and data from attack
Who Needs to Attend
Technical staff responsible for network design, administration, and support
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.