Deploying Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus (M5058)
Prepare and plan for Office 2007 deployment.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
In this two-day instructor-led course, get the knowledge and skills you need to effectively deploy Microsoft Office 2007. Learn to prepare and plan for the Office 2007 deployment, build and customize the Office 2007 installation, and deploy Office 2007 throughout your environment. Also, learn about the Office 2007 setup and multilingual architecture.
This course incorporates material from the following Official Microsoft Learning Product (OMLP):
- Course 5058: Deploying Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus
What You'll Learn
- Prepare the environment to deploy and install Microsoft Office 2007
- Analyze file compatibility and interoperability issues between Office 2007 and previous versions of Microsoft Office
- Install Microsoft Office 2007 using the local installation source
- Customize an Office 2007 installation and deployment
- Select an appropriate Office 2007 deployment method based upon the organization's desktop management technique
- Deploy Office 2007 to a multilingual network environment
Who Needs to Attend
IT professionals and technical decision makers with the skills to successfully plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop environments that support the Microsoft Office system. This course is most useful to people who are already working in the job role of a desktop specialist and who intend to use their new skills and knowledge on the job immediately after training.
- Experience deploying, managing, and supporting Windows client systems
- Experience deploying, managing, and supporting Microsoft Office system technologies
- Familiarity with standard client and application deployment methods such as Group Policy, Remote Installation Services (RIS), disk imaging, and Systems Management Server (SMS)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Preparing to Deploy Microsoft Office 2007
Learn the benefits of and system requirements needed to deploy Microsoft Office 2007, and examine a number of resources and tools that will assist in the deployment of the 2007 Microsoft Office system client products.
- Products and Benefits of Microsoft Office 2007
- Office 2007 Deployment Resources
- Technologies and Guidelines for Planning, Testing, and Deploying Microsoft Office 2007
2. Planning for a Microsoft Office 2007 Deployment
Learn the benefits and deployment considerations of the Office 2007 Open XML file format. Become familiar with the Microsoft Office Migration Planning Manager, which helps organizations analyze and identify potential file conversion or compatibility issues.
- Plan for the Office 2007 Open XML File Format
- Assess the Network Environment for Office 2007
- Microsoft Office Migration Planning Manager
- Microsoft Office File Conversion Tool
3. Understanding the Office 2007 Setup Architecture
Learn the benefits and considerations for using and deploying the local installation source and the general setup sequence of events for Office 2007.
- Use the Local Installation Source
- Setup Sequence of Events in the 2007 Office System
4. Customizing the Office 2007 Installation
Learn to customize an installation and deployment using Office 2007 customization tools.
- Configure the Installation
- Customize the User Environment Using Group Policy
5. Selecting an Office 2007 Deployment Method
Examine a number of deployment methods based upon various management techniques, and learn to deploy Office 2007 using the Active Directory Group Policy method.
- Infrastructure Management Techniques
- Use Group Policy to Deploy Office 2007
6. Office 2007 Multilingual Architecture
Learn how Office 2007 addresses a multilingual environment.
- Overview of Multilingual Architecture in Office 2007
- Deploying Multiple Languages in Office 2007