Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification Week 2
Learn the skills and get the tools needed to lead Six Sigma projects as a Master Black Belt and to teach others Six Sigma techniques.
In this Master Black Belt training course, you will learn the skills and tools required to teach Six Sigma philosophies, and you'll gain the knowledge required to implement Six Sigma within an organization. As a Master Black Belt, you'll lead all levels of Six Sigma projects and have a job description that is 100% devoted to Six Sigma.
Through lecture and classroom exercises, you'll work through example problems and complete assignments individually or in a group. After the two-week training period, students you'll meet with a Master Black Belt for an in-depth interview to access your knowledge and ensure all requirements have been met for certification.
Along with other extras, this course includes the following free Self-Paced e-Learning Masters Black Belt bundle, which includes the following titles:
1. Six Sigma Black Belt: Deployment
- Six Sigma and the Corporate Enterprise
- Leadership in Six Sigma
- Organizational Goals and Objectives
- History of Organizational Improvement and the Foundations of Six Sigma
- Overview of Business Process Management
- The Importance of Metrics to Six Sigma
2. Six Sigma Black Belt: The Define Phase
- Define the Six Sigma Opportunity\
- The Six Sigma Project Charter and Plan
- Six Sigma Team Leadership
- Six Sigma Team Dynamics and Performance
- The Six Sigma Change Agent
- Six Sigma Management and Planning Tools
- Six Sigma and the Voice of the Customer
- Six Sigma and Critical Customer Requirements
- Defining and Mapping the Six Sigma Process
- Scoping the Six Sigma Project
3. Six Sigma Black Belt: The Measurement Phase
- Process Analysis and Documentation
- Probability and Statistics
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Properties and Applications of Probability Distributions
- Measurement Systems
- Analyzing Process Capability
- Calculating Process Capability
4. Six Sigma Black Belt: The Improve Phase
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Design and Analysis
- Taguchi and Quality Improvement
- Experimenting for Process Improvement
5. Six Sigma Black Belt: The Control Phase
- Six Sigma - Statistical Process Control
- Control Charts and the Pre-Control Process
- Six Sigma - Lean Tools for Control
- Six Sigma - Measurement System Re-analysis
6. Six Sigma Black Belt: The Analyze Phase
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing
- Common Tests
- Variance, Contingency Tables, and Nonparametric Tests
7. Six Sigma Black Belt: The Lean Enterprise
- Lean Concepts
- Non-value added Steps and Tasks
- Lean Tools
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
8. Six Sigma Black Belt: Design for Six Sigma Black Belt
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Robust Design and Process
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Design for X (DFX)
- Special Design Tools
9. Six Sigma: Champion Training
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Projects and Project Teams
- Project Definition Exercise
- Central Limit Theorem Exercise
- Components of Variation Exercise
- Basic Calculations Exercise
- Variable MSA Destructive Testing Exercise
- Attribute Kappa MSA Exercise
- Distributional Plots Exercise
- Minitab Distribution ID Function Exercises
- Minitab Basic Graphs Sample Problems
- Nonparametric Methods Exercise
- Full Factorials Example Problems
- Practice Fractional Factorial Designs
- Fold-Over Exercises
- PBDesigns Exercise
- Optimization Designs Exercise
- Response Optimization Exercise
- Time Series Exercise
NOTE: You must have Black Belt certification from Six Sigma.us or organization with similar training, and you must be able to present proof of certification. You must also attend the first week of Master Black Belt training.
1. You must have Black Belt certification and be able to provide a copy of the certificate.
2. We require that you have led or mentored at least 10 projects, and we will need to see one project in detail. Not all of the projects need to be DMAIC. The additional nine projects need to be listed with information that includes who, what, when and where.
3. You must have delivered at least 40 hours of some type of training.
4. You must provide evidence that you have taken at least one week of leadership or other type of soft skills training.
5. Finally, you must complete our two-week Master Black Belt training program. You must attend all training and participate in all training exercises. If you miss more than one day of training, make up work must be completed before certification or PDUs will be issued.
What You'll Learn
- Perform higher level Factorial Experiments
- Explain the concepts
- Use high levels of statistical testing
- Use various charts to analyze processes
- Use Minitab to create charts, graphs, and plot maps
Who Needs to Attend
The Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training curriculum was developed to enhance the statistical expertise of certified Black Belts keeping in mind the tools used on a majority of Six Sigma projects.
Black Belt certification from Six Sigma.us or organization with similar training. You must be able to present proof of certification, and you must have access to Minitab software prior to the start of class. Minitab is not included in this program.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks: