Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Week 2
Learn the tools needed to manage Green Belt level projects.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Students must register for week 1 and week 2 of this course at the same time.
Get the skills necessary to successfully complete Six Sigma Green Belt level projects. Green Belts may dedicate up to 50% of their time to projects. In many organizations, Green Belts support the efforts of Black Belts or manage smaller projects ($50,000+) directly. Learn the basics of the DMAIC roadmap and receive an introduction to statistics and Minitab statistical software. Learn to map out processes and identify sources of variation, and gain a basic understanding of statistics analysis. Learn how to perform experiments and analyze data to determine the most effective way to improve the process, and learn to stabilize a process.
Six Sigma Green Belts typically have some portion of their responsibilities tied to process improvement. Through this training, you'll gain the fundamental knowledge of Six Sigma tools and concepts that can lead to breakthrough project improvements.
Following the Six Sigma business methodology, you'll use problem solving and data analysis tools in a structured format. Learn ways to bring about incremental improvements and maintain a process within customer specifications that are in line with business goals.
Through lecture and classroom exercises, you'll work through example problems and complete assignments individually and in a group. After the two-week training period, you will submit a completed project for review by a Master Black Belt for certification. Submission of a completed project is required for certification. If you do not want to complete a project, you may take an exam online to earn CEU and PDU credits with instructor approval.
This course contains numerous extras including:
- Free Minitab trial software (if enrolled in the class 30 days prior to start)
- Free Self-Paced e-Learning Green Belt bundle, which includes the following titles:
1. Six Sigma Foundations
- Six Sigma Introduction
- Final Exam: Six Sigma Foundations
2. Six Sigma Team Implementation
- Six Sigma: Reducing Variation to Improve Quality
- Six Sigma: Listening to the Voice of the Customer
- Six Sigma DMAIC: Defining the Problem
- Six Sigma DMAIC: Measuring the Process
- Six Sigma DMAIC: Analyzing the Process
- Six Sigma DMAIC: Improving the Process
- Six Sigma DMAIC: Controlling the Improved Process
- Six Sigma DMAIC: Analyzing the Data
- Six Sigma Team Implementation
- Final Exam: Six Sigma Team Implementation
NOTE: You must have completed JumpStart or Green Belt Week 1 to attend Green Belt Week 2.
You must attend all training and participate in all training exercises. If you miss more than one day of training, make upwork must be completed before a training certificate or PDUs will be issued. Project should be submitted to Six Sigma.us with in 6 months of the last day of training for certification. Projects should illustrate an understanding of the tools and concepts of the applicable training level (Green or Black Belt).
What You'll Learn
- Six Sigma roles within an organization
- Use statistical tests to improve processes
- Use Minitab to run statistical tests
- Define a Six Sigma project
- Create charts, process maps, and control plans needed to complete a Six Sigma project
Who Needs to Attend
Members of an organization that will lead process improvement initiatives.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous exposure to process improvement or Six Sigma philosophies is encouraged, but not required.
- You must have completed Jumpstart or Green Belt Week 1 to attend Green Belt Week 2.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Hypothesis Testing
2. Correlation and Regression Analysis
3. T-Tests and Comparison of Means
4. One-Way ANOVA
5. Chi-square Test: Proportion Comparisons
6. Introduction to Experimentation
7. Mistake Proofing
8. Process Control Planning
9. Project Documentation
10. Week 2 Review and Wrap Up
11. Project Submission
- Hypothesis Testing Exercise
- Coin Flip Exercise
- Instructor Led Quiz
- Exercise Problem
- Several Mistake-Proofing Exercises
- Control Plan Exercise