Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Week 1
Learn the tools needed to manage Green Belt level projects.
This course is not currently offered by Global Knowledge. Information here is provided for reference only.
Students must register for week 1 and week 2 of this course at the same time.
Learn the basics of Six Sigma's DMAIC roadmap and receive an introduction to statistics and Minitab statistical software in this course. Learn to map out processes and identify sources of variation, and gain a basic understanding of statistics analysis.
Following the Six Sigma business methodology, you'll use problem solving and data analysis tools in a structured format. Learn ways to bring about incremental improvements and maintain a process within customer specifications that are in line with business goals.
Through lecture and classroom exercises, you'll work through example problems and complete assignments individually and in a group. This course is taken with Green Belt Certification Week 2, and after the two-week training period, you will submit a completed project for review by a Master Black Belt for Green Belt certification.
You must attend all training and participate in all training exercises. If you miss more than one day of training, make up work must be completed before PDUs will be issued.
What You'll Learn
- Six Sigma roles within an organization
- Use statistical tests to improve processes
- Use Minitab to run statistical tests
- Define a Six Sigma project
- Create charts, process maps, and control plans needed to complete a Six Sigma project
Who Needs to Attend
Members of an organization that will lead process improvement initiatives.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Define Phase
2. Six Sigma Organizational Deployment
3. Process Mapping
4. Cause and Effect Matrix
5. Failure Mode Effect Analysis
6. Introduction to Minitab 14
7. Basic Statistics
8. Basic Quality Tools
9. Introduction to Statistical Process Control
10. Measurement Systems Analysis
11. Introduction to Capability
12. Multi-Vari Planning
13. Wrap-Up and Action Planning
- Process Variability Exercise
- Project Selection Exercise
- Project Charter Exercise
- Process Map Exercise
- C&E Matrix Exercise
- FMEA Exercise
- Minitab Exercises
- Basic Quality Tools Exercise
- Water Cup Exercise