The recent release of VMware vSphere 5.0 promises to be the next step in cloud infrastructure. Join Global Knowledge instructor, John Hales, and VMware Sr. Program Manager of Worldwide Education, Chris Skinner, for an hour-long webinar on this exciting new release.
During this webinar, you will learn about the top five new features included in vSphere 5.0 and their implications on overall business efficiency. You will return to work with an understanding of those features that will enable you to begin planning your vSphere 5.0 deployment or migration. A Q&A session with our experts follows the 45-minute presentation.
You will learn about:
- VSA, the new feature that allows small and medium-sized businesses to take advantage of shared storage without buying a SAN
- Policy Driven Storage, a new capability that matches VM requirements and SLAs to the capabilities of individual datastores and/or storage arrays to provide better storage performance
- High Availability improvements, including better scalability and better fault tolerance
- vCenter VA, the new Linux-based alternative to the standard Windows-based vCenter that has been in use for years
- Auto Deploy, the new capability that allows a server to PXE boot and download ESXi and, optionally, the complete configuration from an Auto Deploy server without any local storage